The Showdown

December 6, 2007 at 6:17 pm 3 comments

Well, I did it. I went in her office this morning and told her that I was completely satisfied where I was at and did not want to go up to NSD. I knew they had already made their decision though and that they really didn’t care what I wanted. In true form she said that they would “take note” of what I wanted but she couldn’t guarantee that it would make a difference in the matter. So that’s when I followed up with ” if I do have to move up there, I’ll be putting in my 2 weeks notice” – she looked a little surprised, I don’t think they thought I was that serious. I am/was though – my job has a whole lot of people in positions they were bullied into, it’s how my management works and I’ll be damned if I end up in the same situation. They like to insinuate that they’ll try to move you where you want to go as soon as another position opens up, but it rarely happens.

She told me that employees that go above and beyond where they want to work also need to be flexible for the agency and be willing to go above and beyond when asked to help out somewhere else….yada yada yada. It’s BS because it’s a double standard, there are other females that could work up in NSD, but I’m the only one they asked, mainly because the other ones will most definitely say no, and they know it. The other ladies I work with are into their 50’s and don’t take any shit and have made it known they are staying where they are. So they left them alone and went after me. I don’t hold it against them either..they’ve been there longer and I think they should have that right. We have a new training class that just started though that has 9 people…there’s other options besides making me move…I don’t know if they’ll take that option, but I’m hoping they will. I don’t want to be out of a job, but I refuse to back down. There’s other jobs out there where the management aren’t Nazi’s…there has to be!

They were supposed to call me sometime today and let me know their decision, but they just left me hanging. She’s probably going to call me back into her office in the morning and start round 3 of trying to intimidate me into doing what they want…I’m telling you…these people are evil!

I’m over it though, and I will stand by what I said and turn in my 2 weeks if they choose to move me…

Anyway, I’ll update in the morning with the news….cross your fingers for me!


Entry filed under: work woes.

*!#$@%&* The Results Are In!

3 Comments Add your own

  • 1. chaney  |  December 6, 2007 at 7:20 pm

    Good luck! Stick to your guns…it’s the only way to gain respect in this world! Hope it turns out alright. I promise I’ll email you soon! Just been really crazy…

    Lots of Love!

  • 2. chaney  |  December 8, 2007 at 10:33 pm


  • 3. thethinker  |  December 9, 2007 at 1:46 am

    Good luck with it! Don’t let them get to you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

December 2007
« Nov   Jan »



Blog Stats

  • 9,163 hits


View My Portfolio

%d bloggers like this: